This section describes our cookies policy for fenwicksbike.com.
fenwicksbike.com puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
Measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
Remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
fenwicksbike.com cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. You'll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer. Find out more about how to manage cookies.
How cookies are used on fenwicksbike.com
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use fenwicksbike.com. Google Analytics stores information about:
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
- How long you spend on the site
- How long you spend on each link page you click through to
- What you click on once at the page you’ve clicked through to
We don’t collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data. Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
- _ga: this helps us count how many people visit fenwicksbike.com by tracking if you’ve visited before - it expires after 2 years
- _gat: used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made - it expires after 10 minutes
- _utma: like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new fenwicksbike.com or to a certain page - it expires after 2 years
- _utmb: this works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on fenwicksbike.com - it expires after 30 minutes
- _utmc: this works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser - it expires when you close your browser
- _utmz: this tells us how you reached this website (e.g. from another website or a search engine) - it expires after 6 months
We use Vimeo to show videos on some fenwicksbike.com pages. Vimeo sets cookies when you visit one of these pages.
- vuid: is used to assign a Vimeo Analytics unique id - it expires when you close your browser
- player: is used to remember your player mode preferences - it expires when you close your browser
To support the shopping functionality on fenwicksbike.com the following cookies are set by WooCommerce:
- woocommerce_cart_hash: information regarding shopping basket contents - it expires when you close your browser
- woocommerce_items_in_cart: holds the number of items in the shopping basket - it expires when you close your browser
- wp_woocommerce_session_#: a unique per customer code to allow storage/retrieval of basket in the database - it expires after 2 days
You may see a banner when you visit fenwicksbike.com inviting you to accept cookies or review your settings. We'll set cookies so that your computer knows you've seen it and not to show it again, and also to store your settings.
- cookies_policy: saves your cookie consent settings - it expires after 1 year
- cookies_preferences_set: lets us know that you've saved your cookie consent settings - it expires after 1 year
Change your settings
You can change which cookies you're happy for us to use.